Thursday, November 20, 2008

I love Edward

I'm a 40-year-old woman (I HATE to admit that) and I'm far too old to be excited about the opening of a movie. ESPECIALLY a movie where the heart-throb is a 17-year-old boy!!!! But I am. Excited. "I can hardly sleep" excited.



As many of you know, I'm a high school librarian. I'm very very involved in our school's "Twilight Club". Yes, a book club that exclusively discusses the Twilight series. We have more than 30 students who are completely obsessed with the books and can spend hours discussing who's cuter, Edward or Jacob.

We have made arrangements to get a "special" viewing of the movie tomorrow (opening day) at noon. We have more than 100 students going on the field trip. I think (sadly) I'm more excited than any of them.

It's "Twilight Madness" at my school and I'm afraid I've added fuel to the fire. I spend my days talking to students about the book and pushing it to those who haven't read it (there aren't many) like a drug dealer. We are even making our own Twilight t-shirts using t-shirt transfers and an inkjet printer.



I have told more than one student that I'd leave Joe for a vampire. In a heartbeat (ha ha ha).

I have staff and students e-mailing me about the book. When Edward leaves Bella I got an e-mail from an angry staff member telling me that she "broke up with Edward" when he did that. That e-mail came in at 11 o'clock at night.

If you haven't read the book, do yourself a favour and run out and get it today. Trust me.

Edit: I'm not sure if you're aware but the 5th book in the series, Midnight Sun is available to read on Stephenie Meyer's website, www.stepheniemeyer.com. I'm reading that today.

9 comments:

Pam said...

I'm excited for this movie as well. Although, I have to admit that the guy they picked to play Edward in the movie is not the Edward I had dreamed up in my head.

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to get the book at the library, but guess what? It is never there! Boohoo!

lera said...

Oh, the shirts are a GREAT idea!!!! Are you printing 100 of them?

I didn't know there was a 5th book. I guess I know what you'll be doing today ...

Dallas said...

I keep hearing about this book and have wondered if it really is that good. From what you're saying, it does sound "that" good. :) I wonder if my local library has it in stock.

Anonymous said...

I'm nervous that the movie will not live up to the book. I don't know when I'll get a chance to see the movie. *sigh* So you'll have to let us know how well done (or not) it is.
-Kathy

Mary and Bob said...

That is sooooooooooo wild!! I had no idea!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!! I hope you have/had a wonderful time at the movies!!!!!!!

sammyjo said...

im so jealous! twilight doesn't come out till december in england:(

Dallas said...

Okay, I'm writing again because I got the book and quickly finished it - it was too good to put down. :) And then I saw the movie this past week. I enjoyed it, but I'm really glad I read the book first - I liked it better than the movie. What did you think of the movie?

felicakes said...

I just saw the movie on Sunday and I absolutely love it.

Like you I push the books on people too. Now Papa Nic and his sister are into it and I feel happy. LOL.