Tuesday, December 07, 2010

It's NOT a stripper pole!

On the weekend I put up a Christmas tree. This is the first tree that Joe and I have ever had together. When we moved in together, 8 years ago, we had 3 cats and 2 dogs. It was not a Christmas-tree-friendly house. Now we're down to one dog and I decided to put up a tree.





So, of course, I was all proud of the tree and when our friend stopped by I dragged her into the house to oogle it. She burst into laughter and said it looked like a stripper pole. She has no taste.



I used the fabric garland I made a couple of years ago. I like it. It's all shabby-chic-ish to me.



My dog was not the least bit interested in the fact I was taking photos.



In other news. I broke my blog the other night. It's been soooo long since I've touched it that I completely forgot how to change the banner. Then Blogger sucked me in to "upgrading my template". Huh??? So things look a little different around here. That's likely not a bad thing. Now I just have to figure this out.

2 comments:

lera said...

Stripper pole! Too funny. Careful of getting pine needles on your ... (So wish DianNe could see this.)

Mary Sarah said...

Decorated telephone pole maybe, but not a stripper pole. I thought those were skinnier. LOL. It's very festive!