As soon as I saw this tutorial I KNEW I had to make my own.
Due to technical difficulties, (the interfacing I used was too light), I had to improvise a little bit. Instead of sewing the zig zag seam along the bottom edges of the cones, I sewed a band of rick rack on. Instead of stitching the cones closed, I cheated in a big way and used fabric glue.
Mid-way through the first tree I was going to give up because they weren't turning out the way they looked in the tutorial, but I fought that urge and kept going. I'm glad I did.
They look less wonky in real life than they do in the photo (thank goodness!).
This was a great little project for a snowy winter day.