Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Misc.

I was fortunate enough to guess what a fellow blogger, Lera, was up to when she was making some soap, and she so GENEROUSLY sent me a bar of it as a reward. I can't describe how yummy it smells. There is a warning on the label that says "Do Not Eat" and I understand why it is there. It does smell good enough to eat! Also included in the package was a wonderful note and a Christmas tree ornament. The timing was perfect and I'll get to that in a second.
Here's a picture of the wonderful package from Lera.



I've decided to put up a Christmas tree this year. I havent' had a tree for a few years because we have a small two-bedroom bungalow with 2 dogs and 2 cats. There really isn't any room for a tree. The other night I realized that there is a small table in the living room that if I cleared off I could put up a little 4' Chrismas tree. Now I've decided that I want all the ornaments to be home-made, even though I have boxes and boxes of Christmas decorations in the basement. I've been surfing the net for the past couple of days trying to find some simple ornament tutorials that won't break the bank at the same time.
This morning at about 6:30 I made this as an experiment.



I was think I was a little bit aggressive with the trimming, but I think I would be happy with these. Maybe different shapes? Stars? Bells? I don't know.
If you have a favourite hand-made Christmas ornament tutorial/instructions, I'd love to hear about it!



Now time for a little shameless self-promotion. A while back, Jessica from Funky Finds (a blog that I frequent) asked if she could include my cards in an online shopping guide for Venuszine. It came out yesterday and here's the link to her feature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First, I'm happy that you enjoy smelling the soap. It is quite invigorating to smell in the morning when I'm dragging.

Second, your Christmas tree ornament is really, really cute. I can imagine all different shapes.

And third, congratulations on your little shopping guide feature. I hope you get lots of customers.