Tuesday, December 07, 2010

It's NOT a stripper pole!

On the weekend I put up a Christmas tree. This is the first tree that Joe and I have ever had together. When we moved in together, 8 years ago, we had 3 cats and 2 dogs. It was not a Christmas-tree-friendly house. Now we're down to one dog and I decided to put up a tree.

So, of course, I was all proud of the tree and when our friend stopped by I dragged her into the house to oogle it. She burst into laughter and said it looked like a stripper pole. She has no taste.

I used the fabric garland I made a couple of years ago. I like it. It's all shabby-chic-ish to me.

My dog was not the least bit interested in the fact I was taking photos.

In other news. I broke my blog the other night. It's been soooo long since I've touched it that I completely forgot how to change the banner. Then Blogger sucked me in to "upgrading my template". Huh??? So things look a little different around here. That's likely not a bad thing. Now I just have to figure this out.


lera said...

Stripper pole! Too funny. Careful of getting pine needles on your ... (So wish DianNe could see this.)

Mary Sarah said...

Decorated telephone pole maybe, but not a stripper pole. I thought those were skinnier. LOL. It's very festive!