Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekend sew-a-thon

I'm fortunate enough to live extremely close to The Book Depot's retail store . I went there last week
to shop for a little inspiration and came home with some super-great finds.




I've flipped through Sewing in No time which left me feeling especially inspired!

So much so, that I dusted off my sewing machine and had myself a little sewing marathon this weekend!



I felt very close to my mom when I was sewing. Truth be told, I felt very much like my mom when I was sewing. She loved to sew and was extremely good at it. I've yet to go through her sewing supplies and pick out what I want to keep. Mostly because I couldn't face it. But now I'm very excited to get to my sister's house and sort through her supplies and fabric.

The sewing I did this weekend will ultimately be Christmas gifts. I think I'm safe to post here what I was working on, perhaps I'll take some photos later this week.

It felt SO good to sew again!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mary Sarah said...

I can't wait to see pictures! I'm loving the fabric in the picture!

Mir Made said...

Wow my friend. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope that through the sewing and going through your mom's boxes there is healing. Always enjoy your blog.