Sunday, April 13, 2008

Her talent does NOT run in the family

My mother, DianNe, spent the weekend at a quilting retreat. On Thursday when I asked what she was bringing with her she innocently replied "my Christmas table runner". I'm sure I made some sort of joke about the fact that she's STILL working on it. Although I did see it in it's very early stages and I remember thinking how pretty it was.

I just received an e-mail from her friend and I am completely in awe of my Mother's talent. Trust me, I will NEVER EVER attempt any quilting project of this magnitude. EVER!

Do yourself a favour and click on the photo to see the detail of the applique!



It is all ready for the applique embroidery around to be done around the edges. Then it is on to sandwiching the batting and backing and then she will free-motion quilt it. My Mother is the free-motion quilting queen. She took ONE class and has the technique perfected. I'm not kidding. At all.



To quote my Mother's friend Dianne (her name is DianNe too):

You will not be allowed to touch it; as I think there are plans for having it showcased 'under glass'! So this is your sneak peak of the runner!!!!

I'm in awe. Way to go Mom!

6 comments:

lera said...

Wow!!!! Great job, DianNe! I can definitely see why it has taken so long to work on it. (But, if it were me, I'd have it done in an hour. JUST KIDDING!!!)

Anonymous said...

The runner is absolutely gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I'm in awe too! That is beautiful and will be cherished for years to come, I'm sure.

Mary Sarah said...

This is amazing!!! It's just ...Wow!

Chara Michele said...

Wow! That is amazing!

Anonymous said...

wow! that is beautiful.