Ok, I've spent ALL DAY sewing and thinking about sewing wallets.
I'd think of a way it MIGHT be done and try it. It wouldn't work so I'd sew up an easy one while I think of something else to try.
Here are the ones I collected from the waste basket.
They are back in the waste basket now.
My issue was the zipper, I had a hard time trying to figure out how to construct the wallet with the features I wanted. I THINK I've got it this time but I'm way too "walleted out" to give it another go. MAYBE tomorrow.
In between all the ones that found their way to the garbage I was also perfecting a multi-slotted business card holder/wallet (no zipper). The design changed all day for these too.
Here are the ones that AREN'T garbage.
Even though most of the day's efforts ended up in the garbage, I learned a lot today. I made much more progress than I ever have before towards making a wallet that's actually functional.
Hopefully I'll figure it out soon so I can move on!!!