So I think I rescued the crappy Christmas cards by making them into gift tags that I actually quite like.
But I still had dreams of using the tree image combined with fabric somehow for Christmas cards.
I have the fabric ink for the Gocco printer and the stamp adapter to make fabric printing possible so it was time to give the new toys a whirl. I bought some inexpensive Christmas fabric at Walmart and dragged out the Gocco supplies.
I loved printing on fabric! The experience was very different from printing on paper. The fabric sucked up the ink quite quickly and the master had to be re-inked quite frequently, but I am thrilled with the way it turned out.
So once I printed up a bunch of trees I cut them into squares and then stitched them onto the note cards.
As completely embarassed as I was about the original UGLY design, I ended up with something I'm happy with and I'm glad I tried the new printing technique. I'm sure there will be MUCH MORE printed fabric in my near future!