Sunday, November 25, 2007

I feel like a thief!

On Saturday, Joe and I met a bunch of friends for breakfast and then we carried on to go and find a couple of geocaches and did a little Christmas shopping.

One of the caches took us to a church cemetary. Lucky for me, there was a Christmas bazaar at the church, so while Joe hunted for the cache, I went to the bazaar.

I just about fainted on the spot when I saw these hand-knit wool socks!



Yes, those price tags say $5.00!!

I knit my own socks and I know exactly how much time goes into knitting a pair. Not to mention the cost of sock yarn!!! I bought the only two pairs that were left, and believe me, if there had been any more I would have scooped them up too.

My feet are so happy!

13 comments:

lera said...

What a steal!!!

randi said...

Wow! That is a great buy, for sure! Wool socks are a winter treat!

Felicia said...

What a deal! And how awesome that there happened to be a bazaar going on when you got there :)

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a great deal. It was meant to be I guess. It seems some people just charge the amount for material if that so they can make more.

Mary Sarah said...

What a great find! It was your lucky day!

Amanda Jean said...

ack! that is a steal! I would have bought them out, too!!! I need to hit a church lady bazaar this year. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great deal! And so pretty, too!

Mama Said Sew said...

Lucky you!

So, did Joe find the cache?

Janice said...

Man, that was an amazing deal!!! Good for you!

atet said...

What a great deal!!! And yep -- way too little charged for such fantastic socks!

Jenni-Raie said...

i felt that way too, when at a craft show last year one of the vendors was selling ALL SORTS of crocheted things for SUPER CHEAP. i bought two scarves that were each 3.99. YUP. 3.99. and i'm not talking red heart yarn, either. it's this lovely aqua + cream mohair type of stuff. it's divine! the other one was an apple green colour, but i gave it to my brother's g/f. it's hard to be a vendor in those shows though.. how can you compete with people who charge LESS than they spend to make it?!

Pieces said...

That is so cool! The best part of geocaching is the hidden treasures you find--including new socks!

Chara Michele said...

Wow what a great price! They look so pretty too!