Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's a sickness...

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! We didn't do too much around here. We met up with some friends and had quite a relaxing weekend.

I did a little bit of sewing and if you read my blog regularly you will not be the least bit surprised to hear that I sewed up another Simplicity 3835 top. I cannot believe how much I completely adore this pattern!!!!!!!!



My sister, who has an awesome Etsy Shop gave me some great big buttons to cover for my birthday. I used one of them to make a pendant to match my new top.



As I was closing the door to my craft room this morning I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!!! I've decided (again) that it's time to "use what I have". I am going to seriously go through all the junk I've accumulated (I know I've said this before) and purge. I'm going to approach it differently this time though. Instead of facing the daunting task all at once (making it impossible to do) I'm going to approach it pile by pile, drawer by drawer. Maybe this approach will work. I hope so.

I'm still allowed to shop (my rules) but only for things that will help me use what I have.

Wish me luck! Yikes, I'm scared.

11 comments:

lera said...

1 - that is the fabric!!!!

2 - ADORE the pendant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 - i am joining you in destashing.

4 - i like your rule that i can still buy to use my stuff.

5 - i'm in!!!!

Sarah and Jack said...

The pendant is lovely.

Using what you have gets easier with time, at least I think so.

Mary Sarah said...

Love your new shirt and the pendant to match! Way Cute! Ok, I'm thinking about the destash thing. I'm not feeling it just yet. I'll say 'good luck'!

bubblyone said...

K you don't know who i am but i found you by a link by a link--the whole blogging thing ya know--i am crafy as well and just love any thing along these lines! I was wondering if you could tell me how you make your button pendants---would that be ok? LOVE THEM

my address is arunninchic@hotmail.com

thanks,
angie hyde

Anonymous said...

Another cute top! You are inspiring me to try one for myself. I have made a couple of tops also, but I managed to cut through some of the fabric while using my daughter's serger. that knife thing is dangerous!

Spring always makes me feel like I have too much stuff also! Every room seems cluttered and I want to get rid of things. It also doesn't help that Aubry has been getting into my fabrics and now they are in a big jumble! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

That pendant looks great with the top! And I love the colors. You are seriously tempting me to get that pattern out again...

Sonja said...

It is a sickness, and there is no cure... so you might as well enjoy it. :)
De-stashing... *sigh* that would be a good idea.

Chara Michele said...

Love that fabric for that top & pendant!

As I was packing my fabric up (there was no way I was going to let the movers pack up my stash:), I thought that I really need to destash a bit. Although now that I am in a new city with lots of new craft shops, I really don't think destashing is going to be easy! :) Good luck with your destashing!

Anonymous said...

*yep* i've been destashing too...

except for the fabric i bought for a comissioned bag...

except for the fabric i bought because i was paying for shipping anyway...

except for the fabric i'm going to buy at the quilt show/sewing expo this weekend b/c its just the most wonderful selection i've ever seen and the prices are great...

but after this weekend. its back on the wagon for me, too!

Felicia said...

Yay! There is that groovy pattern in action again. Love the top and the pendent looks terrific with it.

I feel your pain with the need to use what you have.

Mama Said Sew said...

I think I need to get that pattern and make myself some summer tops. The pendant looks great with your top. :)

Destashing? That might have to wait until school's out, but I definitely need to put it on my list.