Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Home again

My mother and I are back. We survived our girly road trip. We lost count of the number of disagreements so there is no grand total, unfortunately. Honestly though, we had a super trip and while talking to my mom last night on the phone she asked where we were going to go next summer and told me to start saving my money!

I have to thank Lera so much for being our tour guide while we were in Maryland and for all that she did for us. I'm sure that none of you will be surprised to hear that she is one of the kindest and funniest people I've ever met. I'm so happy to have had the chance to meet her and her beautiful family.

My only (slight) disappointment about the trip was the fact that I hardly took any photos. It wasn't that I didn't see a million great photo opportunities it was just that there was no place to safely stop to take the photos. The beautiful back roads of Maryland have NO shoulders and with all the hills it would have been very unsafe to pull over.

I did take a couple of photos at a viewing station on the way home while driving through Pennsylvania.



While we were in Maryland, Lera took us to a few of her favourite thrift stores. I managed to scoop up some sheets while we were there. The middle sheet is a gift from Lera, one of the sheets I bought is MIA. No doubt, it's still in the laundry.



On Sunday Joe and I want to Canal Days. It was a lot of fun seeing all the different vendors and walking along the canal.



We had hoped to go on a boat cruise but it was completely sold out.

I'm almost caught up on laundry and once I dig out my sewing room I hope to do a bit of sewing this week.

3 comments:

lera said...

It doesn't seem like it's been a week since you've been here! I think you and DianNe should come back to MD next summer. LOL

I still can't believe you didn't take any photos in MD. (Or that you didn't drive down Main St of W.)

Mary Sarah said...

Hey! Glad you're back and had a fun trip! I would love to drive around the northeast some day! Love the sheets you bought!

Felicia said...

Next summer come to Georgia! I've got a great guest room for your mom and you can sleep on the couch :) Won't that be fun?! LOL

Glad you girls had a good time!