Saturday, December 23, 2006

Last minute crafting and tagging!

We are headed to our friend's house tomorrow night for Christmas Eve. This is a HUGE deal for us because every year Joe has had to work until 2 or 3 in the morning on Christmas Eve. This is the first time we will be able to spend it the way WE want to. Joe just called me with an "emergency". Joe just discovered that my friend's husband (the ones we are going to visit tomorrow night) has bought his wife the same thing we got her!! AHHHHH!!! I am not going to spoil his gift by giving her our gift first so after I write this post I'm headed to the craft room to whip up a bag or a wristlet or something. Just when I thought I was done....

I've been tagged by Bonnie at Tres Bon Babble. It's called the Weirdness Meme. My mother, my blog stalker, called to inform me that I had been tagged (I was already aware of that but was still thinking of 6 weird things). When I told her there was nothing weird about me she said she would call me back in 5 minutes with a list, and she did.

Here's my mother's "weird things about me" list:

1. I'm a weird eater. I don't like tomatoes, mushrooms or ANY fruit.

2. When I was in Grade 2 I hated school and one day told the teacher that I had a dentist appointment after lunch so I wouldn't be back at school. Instead, I went to the neighbour's house to play with my friend who was not yet in school. Needless to say, I got caught.

3. I have weird bones. 4 broken arms, 1 broken leg, 1 broken finger and 1 shattered (and replaced) elbow.

4. I'm scared of mice.

5. I have a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR phobia of going to the dentist!!!!

6. I cry at sappy movies, for example, Charlotte's Web (the cartoon version), Benji and Frosty the Snowman (the cartoon).

I'm supposed to tag 6 others, instead I'm going to invite anyone to join in the fun!

My intent is to post a Merry Christmas post tomorrow....but just in case it doesn't happen, I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that your mother reads your blog and helped you with your list! What a mom!

(And Merry Christmas!)

Anonymous said...

Your mom is so funny. :o) And I sure wish I could "whip up" a purse! I already knew I was the world's slowest knitter. I think I'm the world's slowest sewer as well. :o) You and my hubby are alike - the only fruit he likes is grapes, and the only veggetables are corn and lettuce. I'm still trying to change that about him.

Anonymous said...

Your mom is so helpful! ;) I think it is cute that she called you AND made a list for you!

I also have a major fear of dentists. I really need some work done but i probably wont go until teeth fall out of my mouth. By the time I get there I will need a root canal--but I hear they will knock me out for that!

Bonnie O. said...

Tell your mom I don't think those things are weird at all, probably because most of them apply to me! lol

When I was in 2nd grade, I didn't like outdoor recess b/c I got cold. Three days in a row, I complained of an upset stomach at recess time so I could go lay in the nurses offices. By day 4, they were on to me.