Tuesday, December 12, 2006

More Christmas Craftiness

I had the students at school making some paper Christmas decorations for the library today. They were making paper globe ornaments a la Martha Stewart.



They had a lot of fun making them, but it became apparent very quickly that I actually had to do the cutting while they assembled the globes. Before long the globes turned into these snowflake-y decorations. I think I like them even more than the globes.

I was playing around the other night with Christmas gift tags. I think I know how I'm going to be using some of my newly purchased eBay buttons.



Lastly, Joe and I are going to his work's Christmas party of Thursday night. I decided to recycle an outfit from a couple of years ago. It's a long black skirt with a long-sleeved scoopy neck top. I like the outfit but it needed a bit of jazzing up.
I am not really into beading, but I am into crafting so I of course have a small collection of beads (I have no idea why). Anyways, a trip to the bead store and about $5.00 later I have these. I just love the sparkly beads!!



Stay tuned for take III of the covered notebook series. It's in my head but I don't know if I'm going to get to it this evening.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job on the Christmas Deco. I love the paper balls.

Anonymous said...

We made the globes yesterday. yes, the kids have a little hard time with the cutting. We tied string from the brad for hanging and a ribbon around the string. I didn't even think to hang them the way you did. I think we will try that. Love the snowmen name tags.
Susan
www.homeschoolblogger.com/mamaduso
(I came over from craftapple)

beki said...

Your snowman tags are so cute! You did a good job on your jewelry. I'm not really a jewelry maker either, but I occasionally whip something up to match an outfit. It comes in handy that way!

Jodi said...

Thanks for the mitten info, Karyn. I have the Ann Budd book on my Christmas wish list... hopefully Santa will oblige.

BTW, I love the MS snowglobes, too. So cute!

Anonymous said...

I saw those in the Martha mag and thought they would be perfect for a classroom craft. There was another that I remember doing as a child as well. I haven't been reading every day so I missed getting tagged! I may just follow up on that tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

the button snowman is way cute! and the jewelry looks great!

Anonymous said...

Those snowman tags are cute! Great idea.

Anonymous said...

I prefer them as snowflakes too.