Saturday, May 19, 2007

Embroidered Tote

And here's the final result of my first embroidery attempt.



Of course I had to incorporate it into a tote and I love it! Well, I'm not that much in love with the cat but rather I'm in love with the possibilites of embroidering stuff and sticking it on a tote bag.

I used my friend Heat'N'Bond to attach the embroidered cat to a piece of polka dot cotton and then used Heat'N'Bond to attach it to the tote front. I did a running stitch around both and then proceeded to make the bag.

10 comments:

lera said...

Love the cat tote! It is perfect. Or shall I say "purrfect." (lol)

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute! Now I've been inspired to try my hand at a little embroidery!

Anonymous said...

very cute. reminds me of all the cute bags you see in the japanese magazines.

Anonymous said...

You put the kitty in the perfect place - a bag! There are so many possibilities with embroidery. Have you seen people embroider words onto quilt blocks? Beautiful. And look at you with your new banner. You did that, too, didn't you.

Jenni-Raie said...

it's lovely! That was your first go? can't go wrong there! Are yous elling it on etsy.. careful with that if you are - it's sublime stitching, right?

Mary and Bob said...

AWESOME AWESOME !!!!!

Great job!!!!

beki said...

Cute! That turned out so well!!

Katie Jean said...

It's soo cute!

Chara Michele said...

So cute! I love how you put it on a tote!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww. Too cute. Perfect way to set off the embroidery!