Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Is it summer yet???

I'm in the middle of packing up the library, all 10,000+ books to prepare for some major renovations that will be taking place this summer. I should clarify that...I'm in the middle of supervising many wonderful students who are packing the 10,000+ books. I think I've packed 6 boxes so far.

Anyways, I'm a wee bit stressed out at school these days. Today I had an incident that was the straw that broke the camel's back that made me totally grumpy.

To add to my grumpiness it's hot and HUMID here today. Apparently yesterday was a record-breaking temperature day and today we have a smog alert. If it's like this already I'm very afraid of what the summer has in store!

I came home and went through my pillocase stash, because of course, I NEEDED to make some tote bags. One very broken sewing machine needle later and I have these:



On a happier note, yesterday these arrived in the mail:



A couple of weeks back I was the VERY lucky winner of a contest at Sew, Mama, Sew! Thank you so much Kristen for my amazing prize! I'm going to have to think about the best way to use it. I've already placed my first of what I'm sure will be many orders at her store.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute bags and fabrics! Packing 10000 books sounds like a big pain! Hopefully the work goes quickly.

lera said...

So happy that YOU don't have to do all the packing yourself! Yikes. 10,000 is a lot of books.

Love the totes and that fabric is wonderful. Can't wait to see what you make.

(Sorry you're grumpy now. I think I started the grumpy day. So sorry, twin.)

Anonymous said...

Oooo...10000 books? Yikesa. Thank goodness you dont have to pack it by yourself

blissful said...

Sorry for the grumps...I turn into a she-devil when it's hot! Hope the rest of the week will be better!

Congrats on winning -- I'm sure it will turn out wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

Karyn, I feel your packing pain. Stick with it and it really will be over before you know it. Your new bags are brilliant, as usual! I'm planning to include one in my next treasury featuring my blog readers.

Katie Jean said...

Holy crap that's a lot of books! Such pretty fabric, whatcha going to make?

and you and lera with your grumpy days! hee hee. I guess everyone's entitled, right?

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Wow--packing up a library! Sounds like a daunting task. Love the totes and your new fabric is so pretty--yeah!! It's so fun to win stuff :-D
Smiles, Karen

Sonja said...

I feel the same about the temperatures. Sonja's rules clearly state that temperatures may not exceed 25 degrees C before June 15th. Apparently, the weather doesn't care. :(
I hear it's supposed to cool down this weekend. Let's hope!

Chara Michele said...

Very pretty fabrics and tote bags!

That is a lot of packing, good thing you don't have to do it all yourself!