Friday, May 18, 2007

Lunchtime Thrifting

It's been a while since I've bought anything at Value Village. I was starting to get depressed.

I zipped in today at lunch and had myself quite a successful little shop.

I bought this quilt, it's nothing special really. It's lap-size and I plan on throwing it on the couch to snuggle up in when watching TV. I'm getting picky now when I'm buying buttons (believe it or not). At a quick glance I knew there were some nice buttons in this especially huge bag. Bought that too.



I found a couple of pillowcases and a couple of magazines.



I found some Christmas fabric samples. Sold (to me).



And lastly, I grabbed this little piggy bank on the way out because it said "Lego, Japan" on the bottom. A little eBay surfing confirmed that it was indeed made by the Lego people in Japan in the 50's. It seems to be worth about 10 dollars. I paid $1.49. I like it.



All that for just under 20 dollars. Not bad.

Have a great weekend! And to all my Canadian friends, have a great LONG weekend!

4 comments:

lera said...

You REALLY scored at VV today! Yowsa!!

Love the piggy bank. AND that big flower pillowcase. Can't wait to see the tote that makes!

Katie Jean said...

I'd say that was great for $20!! Those look like some fun magazines. Any good projects in there?

Anonymous said...

Thats an awesome twenty dollar haul. I like that piggy bank too. Isn't it great to slip out and thrift at lunch? Lucky for me I've got a huge one across the street from work.

Jenni-Raie said...

great finds!!! can't get enough pillowcases.