Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm done (for now)

I finished the last of the change purses I had started. I have so much fun making them but they are not putting a dent into my stash so it's time to move on.



I ran into VV today and bought a bag of old thread. I don't sew with old thread I just think that old wooden spools of thread are soooo pretty. I played with my camera for a while trying to get some good photos of it. This is the best I could do.



I've had a couple of people ask me how the freezer paper stencilled t-shirts survived being laundered. To my absolute amazement they look as good now as they did when they went in. If you're thinking about trying it, I say go for it!!

5 comments:

lera said...

I love old spools, too. My boys used some on art projects at school. I'm tempted to rip them off. They are really cool. (That wouldn't be very nice of me, so I'm resisting the temptation.)

Your pix of the spools and change purses turned out well. I love the buttons lying about in the change purse photo. Good job.

Anonymous said...

i love your little change purses. and the pics, too.

Anonymous said...

For a second there I thought you were going to say you ran into VV and bought some fabric! LOL But your little wooden spools of thread are pretty. I'm really glad your shirts worked out. They're pretty cute!

Rebecca said...

I saw this contest for fabric postcards and immediately thought of the cards you make! www.artcardideas.com/index.asp

Chara Michele said...

I still love those little change purses. I almost thought you were going to say you bought fabric:) Those wooden spools of thread look pretty.