Yesterday I stopped into Value Village to look at BOOKS. Believe me??? Me neither. I am ALMOST finished the first book in Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series and I have the third and fourth books from Value Village but I'm missing the second. No luck, they didn't have it, but they did have the cutest Irish linen tea towel EVER!!
I have no idea what I'm going to do with it (certainly not use it as a tea towel). I really love the images on it I may trace them for embroidery, who knows.
Now, in defence of my second purchase, I have had NO luck at all thrifting sheets/bedding lately. My eyes bugged out of my head when I saw this. I had to have it.
Thank you to my cat Jake who helped me with the photo shoot.
Now for the challenge.
After a flurry of e-mails between Katie and I, we have decided to pose a challenge to all our blogging friends. It's the "Use What You Have, Stash Buster, I Will Not Buy Anymore Fabric No Matter How Dirt Cheap It Is" Challenge.
Here are the "Rules."
1. You enter buy joining our group on flickr. You can post your projects there as you finish them. This will be the "official" sign up place.
2. The challenge will last until the end of July.
3. You should try not to buy any new fabric. Necessary sewing supplies, such as thread and interfacing are allowed.
4. All types of sewing projects are welcomed, so enter anything that you've created using your stash.
5. There will be a prize given at the end from things Katie and I have made. Each time you enter a project, your name will be added to the pot. So, if you show us 20 projects, that's 20 entries for you to win something fabulous from us!
6. Feel free to post about this challenge on your blog.
If someone is smart enough and willing to make an icon for us, please let Katie know. It would be greatly appreciated!
In advance I'd like to thank Katie for her help in organizing and making this happen. She has been the brains of the operation, that's for sure!!! Why do I feel like I'm making an Academy Award speech?? he he he
My only regret is that I didn't buy any Katie Jump Rope fabric before this stupid challenge started. Whose idea was this anyways????? :)
Good luck everyone!! I can't wait until the projects start appearing on Flickr!!!!!!