Friday, March 16, 2007

I can't believe what I found!

Ok, I had some running around to do this morning, boring things. I decided that the last place I would go would be Value Village.

I found these:




They cost me $1.99 for the bunch.

Now, what to do with them. I can think of embellishing pouches/wristlets/bags with them by sewing a button in the middle. But what else could I do???

I've started something I vowed I would never do and that's crochet an afghan. A ripple one at that. And I'm enjoying it. I don't think had I not taken up crocheting again recently that I would appreciate these little flowers quite as much as I do.

7 comments:

lera said...

I can't believe what you found!

Oh, my! Those are fabulous! I like your idea of embellishing using them. I don't have any other suggestions.

Anonymous said...

Frame them up. Will email you ideas.

Katie Jean said...

I love those. I especially like that bright pink one. That would be very cute on a handbag. A simple black one. What a steal for 1.99!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Have a look at that pink one in the middle, superb! =) I like your embellishment idea, that would be great.

Also, do you know how much I want to start my own ripple blanket!? I keep seeing them everywhere taunting me! I don't even have any crochet cotton or hooks, LOL =P Can't wait to see it! x

Brandy said...

I love love love that giant pink one! It's amazing. Could you imagine that as a scrubby in your bath? Great stuff!

Kimberly said...

Oh those are great and considering I can't crochet I appreciate them a lot.

Anonymous said...

Wow - you really should buy stock in Value Village - you're always getting neat stuff from there. :o)