Saturday, March 03, 2007

I love Saturdays

I woke up early this morning, had a cup of coffee and sewed a tote bag that I had cut out the other night. I used some embroidered denim I got on sale earlier this week along with a pillowcase that I thrifted a while back. I am thrilled with the way it turned out! I actually think it looks better in real life than in the photo and that doesn't happen often for me.





After the tote was done and I got Joe out the door (he went Geocaching) I headed out to run some errands. The first place I went was Value Village. I picked up three pillowcases to use for lining tote bags. I got two beigey ones and that crazy map print Chevrolet fabric one. I just thought it would make a good Geocaching tote for someone. Oh...how could I forget, I also managed to find a little bag of buttons. Finding buttons at Value Village is like the Holy Grail to me. It just makes me happy.

My last stop was another little thrift store where I bought some cordoroy and some cotton fabric. There is three yards of the cotton print but it's not a continuous piece. It seems to be a bunch of little pieces pieced together. I'm sure I'll find some use for it, I love the colours.



I've spent the rest of the day doing laundry and working on some more tote bags. In true Karyn style, I can't make just one of something I like, I have to make 50. So...in the next few days prepared to be bombarded with tote bag posts.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned before that I have a small crush on Keifer Sutherland as Jack Bauer in 24. For Valentine's Day Joe gave me Season 4. I'm almost half-way through it. I think I'm going to snuggle up on the couch now and watch a few more episodes before Joe comes home.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty your tote is. Great job.

Have fun with Keifer!

Angie said...

Love that tote, Karyn, and what a wonderful idea to use thrifted pillowcases!! Thanks for the idea! I'll have to put those on my 'look for' list at the thrift shops. :D

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the totes, makes me want to pull the sewing machine out!
Dawn in Canada

felicakes said...

I wish I could have coffee and then start sewing. hehehe... what a wonderful tote. :*)

Leslie said...

I love the blue tote. I am such a dummy. I never think about using things like pillowcases as fabric. Thanks for the idea.

lera said...

looks like you scored again at VV and the thrift store. very cute tote.

Anonymous said...

I really like the blue floral fabric on your tote!