Sunday, April 15, 2007

This is getting embarassing

Ok, I think I'm embarassed at the number of tote bags I've made this week. I ran out of pretty pillowcases so I dug deep into my stash and started making more. I am having way too much fun making them and it feels SOOOO good to use up some of my stash (something I rarely do).



It gets even better. There are two more that I finished up this morning. One is already wrapped as a gift and it was raining here all day so I couldn't photograph the other one.

I went to VV on Friday (I think it was Friday) and I got a bag of buttons. It was a very decieving bag. It didn't look like there were very many in it but when I opened it up I was pleasantly surprised.



Oh, that fabric in the background is another pillowcase. Actually it's the fabric that I made one of the totes out of this morning.

I have been so entertained by the comments on the Popping Mini Eggs post. I will draw a name tomorrow evening with Joe's help.

7 comments:

..teacup.. said...

I LOVE THESE! I just wish I used bags more often to need them.

Question from a 'non-sewing person', how long does it take you to whip one of these up?

lera said...

Those buttons are very cool. Good find.

And your totes are cute, as usual. I'm happy that you are having fun making them (and making money making them). It makes it all worthwhile and enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

Your pillowcase totes are too cute! I am going to force myself to walk past the cases at the thrift store because I absolutely cannot do any more projects right now! Maybe next month...

;)

Chara Michele said...

What I wouldn't give for a good thrift store around here to find the kind of goodies you manage to find! (I swear that the thrift stores where I live throw out the good stuff and only sell the bad.)

Is that a newspaper print fabric on the tote in the center?

Anonymous said...

Karyn those bags are brilliant! They'll go quick, mark my words. :)

Anonymous said...

Those bags are so cute! And I should get sewing so I can use up some more of my stash as well. I sort of have it earmarked for projects in my head that don't get accomplished cause they take too long. Hope you sell them all soon for more mula for supplies!

Anonymous said...

Well, Karyn, I guess that might be embarassing if you weren't a self-proclaimed bagaholic? I would expect nothing more than a bag sewing frenzy like the one you've obviously been on. :o)

Pretty, pretty...