Saturday, April 07, 2007

A VERY thrifty morning

I snuck out of the house before Joe woke up this morning and went to Goodwill and Value Village.

Here's my haul:



Very unusual divided basket: 30 cents at Goodwill

Below the basket, a bunch of really neat fabric Christmas ornaments. I have yet to dissect one to see how to make them, but they appear to be folded fabric pinned to a styrofoam ball. They look like pinecones. The bag was $1.99 for the lot. Each one had a sticker on it for $1.50. I think someone must have tried to sell them at a craft show.

Below the fabric pinecones is the cutest Christmas tree made out of mini spools. I paid $1.99 for the bag that had it in it. The rest of the bag was pretty much garbage.



The zippers, yet-to-be fabric covered buttons and the cotton knitted dishcloth were all in a bag for $2.99. I got the bag because of the fabric covered buttons, I didn't even notice the dishcloth until I got home. It's brand new. What a bonus! (The rest of the bag was garbaged).

Four funky orange egg cups. $1.99

Two mugs, 50 cents each.

And, my heart be still, TWO bags of buttons, $1.99 each. After a very quick scan, there are some neat buttons in the bags.

Grand total????

Around 15 bucks.

I've already used one of the egg cups. How cute is this????

6 comments:

lera said...

Good thrifting!! You really made out. Love those orange egg cups. I was going to ask you if you ate a lot of eggs, but now I see you are crafting with them. Very cute pin cushion.

I've made fabric covered eggs similar to those pinecone ornaments. I used satin ribbon at the top instead of curling ribbon.

Anonymous said...

Button-aholic.

That's what you are. : P

-Sarah

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a terrific thrift haul! How jealous am I?! My favorite is that truly adorable little thread tree. Its so classic crafty. I always gravitate towards sewing supplies so those button bags are awesome.

Jenni-Raie said...

What a nice haul! I have no patience for the little bags.

Value Village had NO yarn the last time I wias there. And the little bags were all gone too.. i wonder whwat was happening?

Katie Jean said...

That was a great thrifting day! I love finding buttons. I just found a bag for .95.

Also that egg cup pin cushions is so cute. I have like 8 of them now, and I feel a pin cushion is about to be made!

turningwheelfarm said...

Nice thrifting trip you had! I love the pincushion in the egg cup, very cute. I love orange too.