Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Fresh Bread

I found this while doing a little blog surfing yesterday in between meetings and decided that it would be a yummy thing to make for dinner. I stopped at the grocery store after work to buy yeast because I had NO idea how old the yeast was that I had at home, came home and made the bread.



Boy was that easy!!!! I didn't have the required sized pan so I made a smaller version (in a pan) and a free-form version on a cookie sheet.

We had a friend stop in while the bread was baking and I know he was hanging around until the bread was out of the oven. I gave him and Joe a hot piece of bread with butter on it when I suddenly remembered....I don't even like home-made bread until it's a day old. It always tastes very "yeasty" to me and I don't like how it is almost sticky. I'll enjoy the bread today though :)

8 comments:

lera said...

Well it looks yummy and I bet it will still taste good today.

Anonymous said...

Fresh bread from the oven is one of my favorites. I always eat too much. Looks yummy.

Anonymous said...

hmmm now I want to make bread too!!

Chara Michele said...

That looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Yum, it looks so delicious I can almost smell it!

Katie Jean said...

That looks so yummy. I've been eyeing in other blogs for a while and I just might have to make some soon!

Anonymous said...

You should totally bake me tastey yum-yums!

Love ya!

-Sarah

Jenni-Raie said...

looks yummy!