Monday, August 14, 2006

Agenda Cover

rohanknitter asked how I made the cover for my agenda. I'll do my best to try to explain how I did it.

I sewed together a bunch of strips and then trimmed them a little taller and quite a bit wider than the agenda (wider so that it could attach midway through the front of the book). I used fusible fleece on the outer fabric.

Here's a picture of the outside:













I then cut a piece of fabric for the inside. I sat the opened agenda on top of it and measured where the holders would go for it. The holders are simply the two beige strips of fabric that you see. I sewed on a pocket so that I could keep loose pieces of paper and a pen.

Once that was all done, I sewed the outer fabric to the inner fabric with right sides together, leaving a hole so that I could turn it inside out. I ironed it and sewed the hole shut.

Then I attached two snaps. You can kind of see them on the right side of this picture.

Here's a picture of the inside:












I'm almost embarassed to show this! I didn't realize how wonky my sewing was! In my defence, I whipped it up pretty quickly and I knew (or at least I thought) I was going to be the only person looking at this!

I sewed an AWESOME new tote bag for when I go back to work. I can't believe the summer is almost over! Anyways, it's raining outside, so I can't get a good picture of it tonight, I'll try tomorrow.

1 comment:

rohanknitter said...

Thanks very much for the instructions, that helps. Also, thanks for visiting my blog!