Wednesday, August 09, 2006

To cut or not to cut?

I washed the fabric and duvet cover that I picked up at Value Village and I just couldn't wait to make something out of it! I ironed it all up and took it over to the cutting table (aka dining room table) and I just looked at it. I loved it so much, but it was a twin size duvet. I have absolutely no use for it, but I still HATED to cut it. I had to tell myself that I'd never use it as a duvet and I had to think about how much I would love it as a bag. I'm so glad I was brave, here is the result:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karyn,

These bags are PHENOMINAL! Are you selling them at all? Because I could really use one for back to school. You are so talented. These all look like their professionally done. Keep posting pics of new stuff becuase I'd love to see them.

Rebecca said...

CUT cut!!! You totally made it into something lovely and useful.

Anonymous said...

That fabric was definitely a nice purchase. I'm looking around here and you sure seem like a bagaholic. Let me know if you'd like to join this group of bagaholics: http://bagaholicsanonymous.blogspot.com/ It's been a place of inspiration and sharing ideas. You seriously have the symptoms!

Me said...

this bag is sooo nice too! do you sell them anywhere? I really like your stuff

Funky Finds said...

Both baags are fabulous! Beautiful work. Happy weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Great looking bag. Love the bright and cheery colors.

Karyn said...

Thanks for all the positive comments! I'm hoping to open an Etsy store in the fall, but if anyone would like a bag made, please feel free to contact me!
Karyn