Friday, August 18, 2006

Has this ever happened to you?

My sewing machine and I did not have a good day today. I was making another one of these (scroll up a bit to the patchwork bag) and even though I was taking my time, I just kept making mistakes. I wanted to try inserting a zippered pocket. That was no problem, in fact it was so much simplier than I thought! But right near the end, everything went wrong. I had troubles finishing the top of the bag, I noticed the stitching on my tag was coming out so I had to re-sew it by hand (not easy through the lining and behind the pocket) and I had somehow managed to sew one of the handles in so that there was a twist in it. I couldn't find my stitch ripper, which is strange because I use it all the time. So Joe kindly drove me to the store to buy another.

What started out so smoothly, ended up taking forever!

I'm very happy with the way it turned out after all that. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

With only two weeks to go of summer holidays, one of which we will be spending at the cottage, I'm starting to stress about going back to work. I love my job, but I've had such a fun crafty summer that I don't want it to be over! Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Posts with pictures are more fun to read. Here's a great picture I took of one of our cats (we had three, but now have two AND two dogs). This is Maia.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I didn't really have a summer vacation this year but I know exactly how you feel.

I just moved to Japan a few days ago and before I left I had so much stuff to get done and so little time to do it.

Anonymous said...

Maia is a lovely cat. I love the picture. Actually i love all animal pictures. :*)