Saturday, August 19, 2006

This is the bag I spoke of yesterday. I am really happy with the way it turned out, but it sure did give me a fight until the very end. I am completely a copy cat. There is nothing original about this bag. I copied the bag from this tutorial and I copied the flower from this tutorial.



My mother has been pestering me to start putting zippers in my bags. I've been hesitant to try it because it just seemed scary. The other night she was on the phone trying to tell me how to do it (bless her motherly soul). So...for my mother's sake, I put a zippered pocket in this bag. I don't think I did it the way my mother suggested (I'll be sure to hear about that), but here's a picture of my very first zippered pocket.
This morning, I decided I also needed a small zippered pouch to go with the bag. Here it is, complete with beaded zipper pull thingy.

Well, we are off to a geocaching event today. It's called Dairy Daze. A dairy farmer has opened up his farm today to geocachers. He has hidden 12 caches on the farm as well as several in the area. He also promises a tour of the farm. I'm pretty excited about it!

3 comments:

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Hi! My Mom and I use the same computer. I am under the suspicion that she wrote you a comment and accidentally signed in as me. So, here is her address: http://cheekymama2005.blogspot.com/
:)

Funky Finds said...

They look fabulous! I just bought a sewing machine last night. I'm nervous! LOL

Leslie said...

Love the bag. Aren't the tutorials great! I made the same bag but in pale pinks and greens. I am impressed with the zippered pocket. I'll have to find a place with instructions since I can't call your mother or could I? :)