Thursday, January 04, 2007

Alice is my new best friend!!

I had my sewing lesson today so that I wouldn't be afraid of my new machine and I can't believe how awesome it was!!!! First of all, the shop owner and Alice (my new best friend) loved the patchwork purse I brought in to show them. We started off on a good foot. I also brought a wristlet in progress and Alice gave me a few tips about how I could do it better. I don't think anyone would notice the subtle difference, but I sure can and I love it!



A few days ago, some new tags I ordered from here arrived. They are cotton iron-on labels. I was just sick of the labels I had been using (iron-on transfers on ribbon) and wanted to find a cheap alternative. Delivery was super fast and I'm pretty happy with the labels, although they are still not the answer I'm looking for. The great thing about them is that you can order any font you want and they can even add image to the label. I played it very safe, but if I were to order more I would jazz them up a little bit. Here it is in all it's glory:



A while back I was approached by another new Etsy seller regarding a trade. Some of my cards for a pair of her earrings. The earrings looked beautiful on the website so I happily agreed. Well....they arrived today, and let me tell you, they are absolutely STUNNING.



This picture does not do them justice. If you're ever looking for a beautiful peice of jewellery, I highly highly recommend blueberry jewellery.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that one too! So cool about the sewing lesson. I don't think anything can stop you now! Except that pesky job ... lol!

Anonymous said...

i love that fabric.

Anonymous said...

Oh you lucky to have some sewing help. Doesn't it make all the difference. Your wristlet is great. The fabric is so pretty.

beki said...

Lucky you! I'd love to have a sewing lesson. I'd also love to have an awesome machine ;-)

Funky Finds said...

beautiful wristlet karyn...and thanks for the link to blueberry jewellry. i think that's a funky find! :)

Anonymous said...

Karyn you rock so damn hard it hurts.

- Little Cousin Sarah.

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about my first sewing lesson - I had no idea I would learn so much. Truth be told, I don't use a lot of what they taught, but it sure made me comfortable with my new machine.

And look at you selling all your stuff on Etsy! Way to go! If you keep going at this rate, maybe you won't need that job. But once you get going again, I know you'll realize how much you love what you do at work. :o)