Friday, January 26, 2007

New fabric, new bracelet and new Blogger!!

A quick trip to Value Village the other day resulted in me purchasing this:




It's Japanese fabric (I only know that because of the writing on the edge of it). I have no idea what I'll do with it, if anything, but it's pretty and it was cheap.

My friend Sherry made me this BEAUTIFUL bracelet. I love it so much! She's so talented. I can't imagine the time and patience that went into making it. I think I'd string three beads and call it quits.



Lastly, it happened. The thing I've been avoiding for quite a while now. Blogger BULLIED me into upgrading to the new version. So far, so good though. I was afraid that my blog would LOOK different after the upgrade and that it would take me hours to get it back to the way it was. Thankfully, no changes (that I know of yet) were made.

8 comments:

Bonnie O. said...

Do you realize that bracelet sort of matches the fabric? LOL!

I'm with you on the beading / jewelry making. I just don't have the interest. Plus, knowing me, I would not be able to decide which beads to use so I would buy a bazillion and find myself re-selling them on ebay 5 years later. LOL.

Better yet, I have a few friends who do like to make jewelry so I "order" stuff from them.

..teacup.. said...

Aww, thanks for giving my bracelet some 'face time'. And I'm glad you love it.

I guess we all have patience for what feeds our soul.

I love the fabric. You find such cool stuff!

Glad to hear New Blogger cross over went well...

Funky Finds said...

i've been scared to change! maybe i'll give it a go this weekend. have a good one karyn!

Anonymous said...

cute fabric and bracelet!

i'm so happy your switch was successful!! woo-hoo! all that worrying for nothing! (i'm talking about ME worrying for YOU!!! ha ha ha)

Funky Finds said...

thank you for the sweet comment about my blog banners! :) and i switched to the new blogger! no problems so far.

Randi said...

SO far so good on the switch to Beta for me too. I like that it is easier to add links and such to the sidebar. Since I don't know much about HTML it leaves me with less to try and figure out!

Mary and Bob said...

OHhhhhhhhhhh!! Love the bracelet Sherry gave you!! :o)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the bracelet. Have wanted one of these for a while but really don't know how to make one. Much talent from your friend!