Sunday, January 14, 2007

Catching up

Well, I survived the first week back to work after the Christmas Break. I found that after I got home from work, did some housework and made dinner, all I wanted to do after that was flop on the couch, and that's pretty much what I did all week!

Yesterday, we went geocaching and shopping in the States. I would like to personally thank the people who hid so many geocaches so close to Jo-Ann's Fabric Store!!! Joe dropped me off and returned just over an hour later after finding 5 geocaches. He assures me that there are still plenty more for him to find the next time we go there. Anyways, in an hour I managed to spend quite a bit of money. I bought a ton of fabric, some thread, and a few other little odds and ends. I think my favourite purchase was this:



I am in love with most of the bags in this book!! The book starts with some very good bag-making instructions which is always good to review. My favourite bag in the book has to be the cute little bag in middle of the bottom row on the front cover of the book. In the book, there's a link for the bingo card image. You are supposed to print in on printable fabric and then applique it to the bag. I think I've seen printable fabric before, but I have no idea when or where. Now I have to get my hands on some!!!!!! I have also been searching for a good solution for tags to put into my bags. If I manage to find some of this printable fabric, I may try to use it for tags as well.

I received this beautiful hand-made pillow from a friend for Christmas. My friend has made the most beautiful raggy quilts. In fact, it was her that inspired me to make my own. Here is my new pillow, and I LOVE it!!!



Since I had a not-so-crafty week last week, I've already made up for it today. Here are three wristlets that I made this morning. The Flea Market Fancy one has been in my mind for while now. It's not quite what I imagined, but I do like it alot.






Anyways, I'm on my own for the day and my sewing machine is waiting for me...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owhhh. I love how you are into bag making now a days. Have you been to One Hour Craft? http://www.onehourcraft.com/

She is having a Bag Swap for the month of January.

Anonymous said...

3 wristlest in one morning?

i like that bingo bag. i just saw on angrychicken that some printable fabric. i have some, too, (not sure what kind) that was a lot cheaper than $20 for 6 sheets. i will have to find it and get back to you. (i bought it at jo-ann in the quilting section.)

aren't you going to show us the fabric?

Anonymous said...

I have the Bag Boutique book and I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, geocaches near JoAnn's - lucky for you! Do you get the 40% off coupons for JoAnn's? If not, you should sign up for them - I use them on books all the time.

Great job on the wristlets, too. The coffee one is cute. I like coffee stuff, even though I don't drink coffee much. :o)