Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm so deflated

I was so excited about my road trip to visit new and exciting fabric stores. My excitement quickly turned to disappointment when I learned the said stores were mostly upholstery fabric and drapery fabric and ugly fabric. Oh, I did visit the store I was supposed to go to for work and that was just about the most successful part of the trip. To make myself feel better, on the way home I stopped at a fabric store that I knew I liked, hoping to find something awesome. Although they are hardly awesome, I do really like the fabric I bought. The dotted one is a Michael Miller print and the other one is an Alexander Henry print. Both were crazy cheap!! And buttons. Buttons always make me happy. Whew, the day wasn't a total waste.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry your trip was a bust. BUT, love what you did find.

beki said...

Too bad. Buttons are a cure all for everything in my book.

..teacup.. said...

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself as much as you'd hoped to.

I do like the dotted fabric a whole lot.

Ah well, a day away from behind the desk in the library is always a nice change, eh?

Moving around dusty books with a head cold = a nightmare of a day for me. Wish I was with you instead. =)

Leslie said...

I feel your pain. There aren't any neat fabric around my neck of the woods - just upholstery. Ugh! I have to depend on ordering online. And part of the fun of shopping for fabric is feeling the material. Or am I strange?

Anonymous said...

I love the spotted one!! so cute.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like getting excited about a new fabric store to find it's not what you want. I did a search on Amy Butler's website and found a fabric store 5 miles from my house. Well, they didn't carry AB and didn't know who she was. So sad. I like the Michael Miller, though. I had some of the dotty dot in pink and used it up so quickly. Cute stuff!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your trip wasn't all you had planned. What a disappointment, but I bet next time you'll find some awesome stuff!