Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sew on and sew on....

It wasn't quite the day I had planned, I didn't get to spend as much time sewing as I would have liked to. Every time I turned around I found something that needed to be cleaned, washed, swept, etc. In between cleaning and getting ready for work, I did manage to make two more bags.




I was able to play with some of the fancy stitches on my sewing machine, it was a lot of fun. I goofed on the blue bag though. Somehow, even though I am always very careful NOT to twist the handle before pinning it, there managed to be a half twist in it. I didn't notice it until it was too late and decided it was a "feature" rather than a mistake ;)

While I was sewing, I did get some ideas for other bags. I can't wait to try them out!

UNFORTUNATELY, the holiday is over. It's back to work for me tomorrow. I guess it's time to count down now to March Break.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great bags! I love the 'feature', I do that kind of thing all the time. I spent the day yesterday sewing too seeing that today is back to school day. I'll be counting down until fall break with you. :)

Anonymous said...

Well that's a nice touch - the decorative stitches. I hope your first day back is a good one!